[dev] License confusion again Re: [commits] Horde branch master updated. e18902266fd2643ba6131fd800d0aa6fb922298c

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Wed Jun 15 17:01:51 UTC 2011

Am Mittwoch, 15. Juni 2011, 18:49:44 schrieb Jan Schneider:
> Zitat von Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:

> >> OK please revert.
> >> I'll update the links and use an updated version of the GPL/LPGL2 files
> >> with the right address.
> >
> > BTW to add to the confusion:
> >
> > In some cases (library) we do not ship the file anymore but only
> > have the pear
> > xml statements "GPL" or "LGPL" and the links either in there or in the
> > source code which usually point to the most recent license versions.
> >
> > Take for example Horde_Exception.
> >
> > No license file shipped.
> >
> > The XML says LGPL and points to http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lesser.html
> > which is version 3.
> >
> > Exception.php also links there and points to a file COPYING (not included
> > though)
> >
> > Now in this case, is it LGPL v3 or v2?
>
> Everything should be v2 unless explicitly specified as v3 (which we
> don't have anywhere I think).
>
> Jan.

Thank you for clarifying.

If we can be sure there is no v3 piece one could probably sed the repo for a
cleanup of all those links (there's plenty of them and manual work would be
very time consuming).

Should the pear xml tags also be updated?

In distribution I use tokens from this table:
http://spdx.org/licenses/

but I don't know if this is also practice in pear.

I won't touch that part again though before all bits are clear.
Don't want to mess up ;-)

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer