[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 4fd2c31bf65accb6717f1330cbd8cc2b3ef1c9ba

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Jul 25 14:52:49 UTC 2011

>> Please add a changelog and bump the minor api and package version.
>
> Sure thing. Can someone refresh me on the current best practice for
> doing so (package vs. horde CHANGES), and if there's a components
> helper to do so?

Application changes go into both the app's package.xml _and_ the apps'
CHANGES file. For framework libraries, the change log goes into the
package's package.xml file as well as the base horde app's CHANGES
file. We bump the minor versions for both the api and package version
if non-bc breaking API changes are made, such as adding new, optional
parameters to a class' public interface.

Most of these things can be handled by the components helper
(components/bin/horde-components). Offhand, I know for the changelog
you would do something like

./horde-components /path/to/package/root changed "[cjh] My change"

For applications, this will update the CHANGES and the package.xml,
for libraries, just the package.xml.  I know I've used the helper to
bump versions before, but don't remember the command off hand. The
helper has extensive help output though ;)

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org