[dev] Release plan

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat Aug 13 14:02:51 UTC 2011

The next date for the minor version releases in our release scheme
(http://wiki.horde.org/Doc/Dev/ReleaseCycle) is only two months away.
I don't see us adding any major features that warrant a minor version
bump for the applications in these few weeks though.
We added a lot of new small features with the maintenance releases,
and we should consider being much stricter with following
http://wiki.horde.org/Doc/Dev/Branches in the future. Especially now,
that the code base has much more stabilized since the H4 release.

Since we probably won't have any x.1 releases in October, I suggest we
use the next release cycle to get the applications out we prepared for
Horde 4 during the last few months. That would be:
- Ansel
- Chora (?)
- Gollem
- Hermes (with or without ajax?)
- Klutz
- Passwd
- (Trean?)
- Ulaform
- Whups
- Wicked

Due to personal time constraints, October 11th would be a good release
date for me, or if we don't want to wait that long, September 20th. If
we consider a 4-week release cycle we would have to start with alpha
releases on September 13th resp. August 23rd.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/