[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. a17bb3c3d198faec8c4d4bcb6193106171cb9a5a

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Oct 19 18:21:58 UTC 2011

> commit a17bb3c3d198faec8c4d4bcb6193106171cb9a5a
> Author: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
> Date:   Tue Oct 18 11:58:26 2011 -0600
>
>     Fix IMP's handling of POP3 UIDs that contain indices control characters
>
>     Use Horde_Imap_Client_Base::getIdsOb()
>     Move JS indices code to separate file, and update for new POP3 format

Awwww crap... realized that we needed duplicate versions of the
parsing code because the smartphone view isn't using prototypejs.

Really hate having to maintain duplicate code for the same action.
Converting everything to jquery is not an option - I am thoroughly
unimpressed with jquery in general.  It feels like it is trying to be
everything to everyone (a complaint some level at PHP).  IMHO,
prototypejs is much more thought out and feels much more like an
extension of javascript - i.e. things javascript SHOULD have but
doesn't - rather than trying to be a full blown application framework,
which is not desirable.

michael