[dev] Horde as a framework

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Oct 31 03:27:00 UTC 2011

http://fabien.potencier.org/article/49/what-is-symfony2

Good post and impressive list. This is where I think we lag behind as
a framework, and where we have an opportunity to either leverage our
own components - which are great, but which I personally have less
time to work on these days - or to start using some of the
symfony/zend/whatever components to replace our own and move faster.
Obviously we used to leverage more PEAR libs and there were challenges
to that, but maybe things have changed?

Or maybe not. Mostly throwing this out for discussion.

-chuck