[dev] Resetting sort order in IMP

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Nov 7 22:25:39 UTC 2011

>> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:

>>> Right click on header bar in dynamic view.  There should be a
>>> clear sort link in traditional view.
>>
>> Yikes. :) Can we add this to the "Other" menu button?
>
> I explicitly did not do this because that setting doesn't belong in
> there.  *All* of our sorting options are currently contained in the
> header bar - locating a sorting option elsewhere is confusing and
> unintuitive.

Maybe it's just me, but I found the context menu on the sort header
even less intuitive. Though I now remember that you even mentioned
this place in the past.
The "Other" entry might not be intuitive, but while searching for that
link, this was the first place I looked, lacking any other options
that would have made sense to me. Maybe we can put them in both places.

> Maybe you want something like the vertical layout sort dropdown
> (which doesn't currently contain Clear Sort either).

Yes, that's fine too, and I was looking for something like that during
the search. But I don't know where to put this in the horizontal view.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/