[dev] Resetting sort order in IMP

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Nov 8 19:28:14 UTC 2011

>>> This touches a bit on a very interesting UI discussion regarding
>>> the Win 8 task manager, especially regarding designing from the
>>> perspective of most used features:
>>> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/b8/archive/2011/10/13/the-windows-8-task-manager.aspx
>
> That's an interesting read, and a nice solution for one our common
> problems: a diverse user group.

The UI issue, as I see it: there needs to be a way to "reset/clear"
the sorting back to sequence sort.  But for practical purposes, MOST
users don't want or need this.  For an average user, sequence/arrival
sort doesn't make much sense (at a minimum, Date sorting makes more
sense).  So we need a way to allow power users to change without
confusing regular users with multiple sort options.

michael