[dev] Resetting sort order in IMP

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Nov 8 21:10:59 UTC 2011

>> That's an interesting read, and a nice solution for one our common
>> problems: a diverse user group.
>
> The UI issue, as I see it: there needs to be a way to "reset/clear"
> the sorting back to sequence sort.  But for practical purposes, MOST
> users don't want or need this.  For an average user,
> sequence/arrival sort doesn't make much sense (at a minimum, Date
> sorting makes more sense).  So we need a way to allow power users to
> change without confusing regular users with multiple sort options.

FWIW, I guess I've been using date sorting for so long I didn't even
realize that there was a way to revert it to arrival sort. Personally,
for the way I use email, I don't see what the benifit would be of
arrival sort vs date sort. I guess it's a performance thing?

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org