[dev] Resetting sort order in IMP

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Nov 9 11:00:05 UTC 2011

> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>>
>>> Maybe a better solution is to have a drop-down menu when clicking
>>> on Date itself giving the two options (Chronological vs. Arrival).
>>
>> +1
>>
>> I would find this much more intuitive than the current, unlabled, dropdown.
>
> Try my new commit.  I changed the sorting icon to better delineate
> it from the dropdown icons used extensively elsewhere in the UI.
> This also allowed me to move the Thread option into a submenu, which
> greatly reduces the complexity of the code used to generate the
> header bar.

It's a bit confusing at first, if you are used to the small triangles
being the sort markers, but I like this solution. This is much
cleaner, and clearer. I would use ticks in the date submenu too
though, even if these would semantically be radio boxes, not check
boxes, but it's more consistent with the subject menu.

Regarding the other UI changes:
- I really like the more prominent filter options.
- Is the Folder Actions design intended? This really stands out and
introduces a new styling that isn't used anywhere else. If you don't
want this to look like the regular folder links, trying using the dimp
button designe there too instead.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/