[dev] Resetting sort order in IMP

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Nov 9 20:50:08 UTC 2011

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>>> +1
>>>
>>> I would find this much more intuitive than the current, unlabled, dropdown.
>>
>> Try my new commit.  I changed the sorting icon to better delineate
>> it from the dropdown icons used extensively elsewhere in the UI.
>> This also allowed me to move the Thread option into a submenu,
>> which greatly reduces the complexity of the code used to generate
>> the header bar.
>
> It's a bit confusing at first, if you are used to the small
> triangles being the sort markers, but I like this solution. This is
> much cleaner, and clearer.

I do wish the up/down arrows were a bit better, but that's really all
that the silk icon set has to offer.

> I would use ticks in the date submenu too though, even if these
> would semantically be radio boxes, not check boxes, but it's more
> consistent with the subject menu.

I would disagree.  Checkboxes are used in locations where more than 1
option can be set at the same time - such as message flags.  Row
highlighting is used where there is only one option of the bunch that
can be set at a given time (see, e.g., the quick search Search By
submenu).

> - Is the Folder Actions design intended? This really stands out and
> introduces a new styling that isn't used anywhere else. If you don't
> want this to look like the regular folder links, trying using the
> dimp button designe there too instead.

A button doesn't really work here - when dragging, the Folder Actions
row converts into a "Move to Base Level" row, and the UI swapping
between the two would be ugly.

Maybe adding a separator row would make more sense.

michael