[dev] sesha status and questions

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Jan 14 14:38:28 UTC 2012

Quoting Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:

> Hi devs,
>
> I've been busy killing some showstoppers in sesha (sesha branch) and
> now it's sort of working with the original feature set and table
> format.
>
> imr has also worked on this module in the past
>
> I haven't tested providing queues for whups from inventory yet. Is
> anybody of you using this in a real-world scenario and would like to
> help test? ;-)
> I think I can get a release candidate ready before H4.1.
>
> -> Where to merge it? Devel or master?

Develop. That's the code base that 4.1 apps will be built from.

> -> is there any documentation yet how to generate the initial pear
> xml stuff for a new package?

You would use the components script to generate the initial file.

horde-components /path/to/sesha update

After this, you will likely have to edit a few things by hand. At the
very least, you will have to add the dependencies manually. I use a
command line tool that helps determine dependencies, though I can't
remember the name of it at the moment. There were also some places
that I remember having to manually change the role to "horde", though
that issue might have been fixed.

> -> Should sesha be added to the default horde registry or should the
> package provide a drop file for horde_dir/config/registry.d/ ?

The former.

> Next iterations of the app would be introducing shares and then
> maybe providing external "resources" for kronolith.

Sounds cool! Though obviously we'll need to add support in Kronolith
for polling external APIs for Resources and their availability...maybe
for for 4.2 or 5 :)