[dev] AJAX Framework changes

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Thu Jan 26 15:39:31 UTC 2012

Am 25.01.2012 20:04, schrieb Michael M Slusarz:
> Since the UI is going to be updated for Horde 4.1, it is a
> necessity to move common AJAX components from the applications
> (e.g. IMP, Kronolith) into Horde_Core.  In fact, I've already been
> working on this for a few days.
>
> FYI: I'm going to move all the IMP stuff over first, since that is
> what I am most familiar with.  I'm going to look at Kronolith
> after I am done to see if there is any additional features that
> can/should be merged. From my understanding, Jan mostly copied
> what we did in DIMP so the code should mostly be the same.
>
> Here's what's moving (as of now):
>
> * Most of the basic, non-IMP (or Kronolith) specific methods from
> DimpCore into a new JS class called HordeCore.  This includes: -
> debug - doAction (and the related exception/failure/complete
> handlers) - submitForm - addRequestParams (centralized addition of
> Session ID to URL if needed) - Growler/Show Notifications/Growler
> Log - popupWindow/closePopup - logout - redirect - loadingImg -
> addURLParam - Determination of "base" window
>
> * Initializing the base horde AJAX browser environment from a
> centralized location (tentatively, this is
> Horde_Core_Ajax::init()). Configuration/Gettext needed for this
> base environment will be moved from the applications (e.g.
> imp/templates/dimp/javascript_defs.php)
>
> * Move the AjaxStatus notification handler to Core.  Deprecate use
> of 'notification_handler' session variable.  Instead, add a
> Horde_Registry::setView()  method to allow easy switching between
> views.  Side benefit: this should allow correct switching between
> ALL views in an authenticated session.
>
> * Merge IMP_Ajax_Queue code into centralized Core code.  Will
> allow an application to modify the outgoing JSON object at
> send-time. From the IMP persepective, this allows us to bundle
> things like folder tree changes and newmail polling into a single
> location, rather than needing to tack on this data to individual
> requests.
>
> * Deprecate Horde::sendHTTPResponse() and Horde::prepareResponse()
> and instead integrate into the core AJAX framework.
>
> Anything else I missed?  Other comments?  Integration of the
> mobile view should also be a part of this, but I haven't thought
> much about that yet.
>
> michael
>
> ___________________________________ Michael Slusarz
> [slusarz at horde.org]

Sounds sane. I don't see the time tool hermes on the agenda, but I
think it's also mostly cloned ajax code. Would make sense at least.
Just give me a heads up when something in traditional apps needs to be
adapted (like custom top menu bars in whups, sesha and the likes).

- --
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Tel.: +49-170-6381563