[dev] [commits] Horde branch ajax_to_core created. f180edabc00d6c0918c423f83864434357bdb881

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jan 30 11:34:16 UTC 2012

> - Apparently in Kronolith there is an alarm notify option named
> 'ajax'.  I don't know what it does, nor really most of the Alarm
> notify options, since they are not documented anywhere I know of.  I
> don't know why this is any different from the url notify option
> though - they both create <A> tags.

This is important for the Nag-Kronolith-integration. It allows to link
to an object (that raised the alarm) without leaving the current ajax
interface. It's really different from the URL option which is a
regular deep link.

> In order to make this application-neutral, I've made a change to
> Growler that captures any click on an <A> tag within a Growler
> notification, stops the event, and fires a 'Growler:linkClick' event
> with the <A> element as the passed parameter.  This way, each
> application can handle these links as needed.  Obviously, we can
> also declare common handling within the base HordeCore code.
>
> With this change, there should be no need to declare separate 'ajax'
> and 'url' notify options.  You can create the link with the 'url'
> option and then do any additional processing in the linkClick
> observer.

I don't think this is going to work, because those links tend to come
from different applications than the current one. Catching clicks
would require knowledge about that application, i.e. how to link to
that application's object while you just have a static HTML link.

> (Side note: this needs to be the coding paradigm going forward.  At
> this point in our development, there should really never be any need
> to define on[observer] parameters in HTML tags.  All event observers
> should instead be defined in javascript files.  In a MVC world, this
> makes sense - we should be separating javascript entirely from HTML).
>
> - Finally, this does not really touch on the smartmobile stuff.
> That needs to be centralized ASAP also.

See my other message.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/