[dev] AJAX Framework changes

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Thu Feb 2 07:09:11 UTC 2012

Am 01.02.2012 21:23, schrieb Michael M Slusarz:

>> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>>
>>> Anything else I missed?  Other comments?  Integration of the
>>> mobile view should also be a part of this, but I haven't
>>> thought much about that yet.
>>
>> The mobile views are less critical, because they already use a
>> Horde JS object for common tasks, and use the same ajax backend
>> like the dynamic views. I think all that's left is porting
>> javascript_defs.php over.
>
> The other thing I would like to look at is making the mobile view
> possibly work better within the existing prototypejs framework, so
> we don't have to duplicate functions.  IIRC, jquery has a way to
> allow co-existing with other frameworks so wondering if this might
> be feasible.
>
> michael

I'm currently developing a custom app. It uses jquery and jquery-ui
inside a "classic horde" view. What you basically have to do is this:

var $j = jQuery.noConflict();
$j(document).ready(function () {
 //inside, use $j() instead of $()

}
);

I had to patch some 3rd party modules but most mainstream jquery and
jquery-ui stuff is compatible withoug messing with the library code. I
am pretty sure, jqm is compatible too. Inside the $j() capsule there
is support to use non-jquery javascript and $() references your
existing horde prototype stuff.

This is known to work with jq-ui 1.8.5 and was tested with
jquery-1.5.1 and jquery-1.7

I am not too experienced with prototype but I bet I can take over some
conversion work once you can show me some docs and possibly one case
finished ;)

Hope this helps.

- --
Ralf Lang