[dev] [Corrected] Horde_Imap_Client and fetching vanished messages.

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Feb 14 18:13:09 UTC 2012

> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> I'm trying to get a set of uids that have been expunged since a
>> specific modseq value.
>
> [snip]
>
>> Then, I "read" a single email in my INBOX do NOT change anything else:
>>
>> <code>
>> $results = $imap->fetch(
>>    $mbox,
>>    $q,
>>    array('changedsince' => 379323,
>>          'vanished' => true)
>> );
>>
>> var_dump($results);
>> </code>
>>
>> <output>
>> array(1) {
>> [91203]=>
>>  object(Horde_Imap_Client_Data_Fetch)#510 (1) {
>>    ["_data":protected]=>
>>    array(3) {
>>      [14]=>
>>      int(34)
>>      [13]=>
>>      int(91203)
>>      [15]=>
>>      int(379363)
>>    }
>>  }
>> </output>
>>
>> Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Looks like there is some errors in the Horde_Imap_Client code
> dealing with the 'vanished' parameter (namely, the fact that it is
> never used in Socket.php).  So that will need to be fixed.

Is the now expected behavior of the 'vanished' option to
Horde_Imap_Client_Base::fetch() to include both the changed and the
removed messages? Currently, if I omit the 'vanished' option I get the
list of uids that have changed since 'changedsince', if I include the
vanished option then I get BOTH the list of changed and vanished
messsages. Is this expected? The phpdoc says that it should return
ONLY the messages that have vanished.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)