[dev] Horde 5?

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Mon Feb 27 07:04:44 UTC 2012

>> I think we began changing the Wiki page to "Horde 4.1 not planned"
>> before it went into maint.
>
> I would love to start breaking BC and removing deprecated stuff, since
> it seemed like half of the work/fixes I did this evening was figuring
> out how to keep compatibility rather than fixing the problem.
>
> But I also think before we start work on Horde 5 we should probably
> decide on how (or if) to setup the git repo differently than what we
> currently have. Meaning: separate git repos for each
> application/framework going forward?

Don't know if we shouldn't postpone this repo reorg to release time.

I'd need some time to figure out/script how to setup a devel/integration
test installation, how unit tests will work etc.

If we keep April as release date, I'd rather spend that time learning
more about the Horde Ajax Framework and Horde_Controller - and on fixing
these Rdo bugs which may or may not incorporate BC breaking changes if
needed (I'd rather avoid them).

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer