[dev] [commits] Horde branch develop updated. 548799010c25bffe55025cba2f169df31869c7f1

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue May 22 21:13:53 UTC 2012

> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> Yup. At first glance, the tagging functionality is broken as well
>> as a good bit of the geocoding functionality.  I don't have time
>> right now to spend on Ansel right now though.  I will look more in
>> depth as soon as I finish the ActiveSync work.
>
> As an aside: I noticed that the
> Horde_Core_Ajax_Imple_Geocoder_Geonames is not used anywhere in the
> code.  Can this be removed?

This is one of those things that was never fully completed. This was
supposed to support [reverse]geocoders that would not work using pure
JS due to cross site issues. Mostly for folks who did not want to rely
on Google. I had started work on some quite a while ago (pre H4
release) but things with higher priority seem to always creep up. When
I eventually get around to fixing the other issues I'll either finish
the implementation or remove it.

> At a minimum, this is one of the imples I mentioned in my commit
> message that should not be an imple.  It does not attach itself to a
> DOM/HTML element.

Correct. I agree, though at the time this code was written, it was the
only choice since we did not have a unified Ajax framework.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org