[dev] [commits] Horde branch develop updated. 6677f9b793336bada6a7d512c55ad480dbc68a82

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed May 23 20:44:39 UTC 2012

>> I don't know off-hand whether this check is still active, but we
>> even already fall back to traditional mode if using the dynamic
>> views with unsupported browsers.
>
> It is still active.  But we don't document anywhere what our minimal
> browser standards are.  And these minimal standards are not
> currently enforced for the traditional view.

And I don't think we should do that. Most of traditional views still
work with outdated browsers. Dynamic views break completely. That's
why we disallow dynamic views in theses cases completely.
For traditional views, I still think we should let the users have them
shoot in their feet if they really want to. And tradtional views, even
with reduced functionality, are probably still more usable than the
minimal view for those users.

> You are probably right about the login task.  We can continue doing
> this during the authentication process instead.  Although we don't
> need a separate Horde::ajaxAvailable() method - this should be
> folded into the Browser object.

Agreed.

--
Jan Schneider