[dev] Imple rewrite issues

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri Jun 1 09:39:28 UTC 2012

> I wasn't planning on looking at any of this now, but it's
> interfering with my normal workflow now so I've started looking at
> things enough to fix what I need. I fixed a few issues I was having
> that was preventing the portal page from loading fully when the
> Mnemo Notes block or the Weather block are present. I've also fixed
> a few issues with Kronolith's traditional view sidebar.
>
> The tagging functionality, however, in Kronolith is completely
> broken. The TagActions Imple was removed, so the code responsible
> for attaching ajax actions to the "delete tag" icons and for
> attaching the the ajax action to to the "add" button for each
> calendar's tagger is now missing. Also, the fallback action for the
> buttons (to actually submit the page for non-javascript browsers) is
> missing as well.

The Kronolith tagging was unintentionally lost.  Much like the Ansel
imple tag - these were the two imples that were so far off from what
imples were originally designed to do that it pretty much stopped my
refactoring in its place.  The eventual correct solution *at least as
done in Ansel) was to realize that none of these tagging actions were
appropriate for imples so I just removed the imple entirely and moved
the tag actions to AJAX application method handlers.  The same needs
to be done for kronolith.

It would be nice if somehow tagging functionality shared between ansel
and kronolith could be abstracted into a base Imple, to create a
unified-API for tagging in future Horde applications.  But I don't
know enough about the code to design/implement this kind of solution
myself.

michael