[dev] UI feedback

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Tue Jul 3 18:04:42 UTC 2012

Hi,

I  didn't use H5 yet, but here are my thoughts from my past experience when
we have worked on intranet design internally in our company.

> Using the interface over the weekend, these are my thoughts (on imp):

> * Padding has not grown at me.  At all.  It is wasting space on the
> screen and is distracting.  We need to get rid of it.  (For the
> record, I had raised these concerns in the original feedback.  I
> didn't feel the need to raise them again the 2nd goaround, since it
> would have just been repetitive of the original feedback).

Padding   is   good.   I agree that for those who uses very small *PC*
screens  it  would  be  a  problem.  However:

1) It actually helps to use a web application on a *mobile touch* screen.
2)  The  human eye and brain automatically maps different parts of the
webpage better with padding, hence it improves the readability.

Maybe  tech  savvy  users  won't  like  it, but from the ordinary user
perspective  it  is  a  way  better.  I also agree with Jan, that this
should skinnable.

<...>

> * Popdown menus should automatically trigger on icon hover.  Don't
> think this was part of the previous theme, so this is instead a
> feature request.

This  would work terribly on  touch  devices.  Nowadays eveybody should avoid
mouseover triggers.

--
Best regards,
 Vilius