[dev] Web accessible git folder on OS X

Luis Felipe Marzagao lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 23:15:04 UTC 2012

Hello:

Probably a non-horde question, but I would like to hear from others if
possible.

Is it just me or is it extremely difficult to run a horde web accessible
git tree in Mac OS X?

After several tries with MAMP and having a lot of trouble with pear, I
decided to use native php+pear that comes with OS X (snow leopard).

After hours configuring it all and being able to successfully run web
apps such as phpMyAdmin, I followed instructions from here
(http://www.horde.org/development/git#making-development-repos-web-accessible)
and horde test.php page gave an error msg about not finding textdomain()
function in Registry.php.

God! In Ubuntu, CentOS and alikes its so easy to get it working.

What am I missing? Why is it so hard in OS X? Any tips or advices?

Thanks a lot.
Luis Felipe