[dev] [commits] Horde branch develop updated. 8b52fbc316c6846bb4ffd96c25a8ffcd9cbbe695

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Sun Sep 2 18:07:05 UTC 2012

> Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> schrieb:
>
>> Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:

>>> One problem is that the current compose actions button bar
>>> (Reply/Forward/Redirect/Edit as New) is too crowded because it wraps
>>
>>> into two lines.  And I have a Galaxy Nexus with a 4.65 inch screen,
>>> so it's not that I have a small display either.  It looks bad from a
>>
>>> "feel" perspective.
>>
>> I'm making the executive decision to remove Edit as New.  See
>> screenshots: the message button list is vastly improved when it
>> doesn't wrap and is much easier/more intuitive to use/view.  And as
>> previously mentioned, edit as new is of very limited value in the
>> smartmobile context due to the difficult to edit a pre-existing
>> message.
>>
>> If someone can figure out a way to add the button back without causing
>>
>> button wrapping, I won't protest since there is no additional JS code
>> that is really needed to process the edit as new request.
>>
>> michael

> This argument is flawed, because whether the toolbar wraps or not
> completely depends on your screen size and translation. See my
> screenshot. And it doesn't even have everything translated yet. Copy
> / Move will translate to Kopieren / Verschieben I'm German, which
> will probably make up its own row :-D

I don't understand this argument at all.  We went from *4* buttons to
*3* buttons.  Regardless of the translation, this decreases the chance
the button bar will wrap in every single case.  Any particular
translation may still wrap, but many others won't.

The more I tweak the smartmobile view, the more that Edit as New makes
absolutely zero sense in the smartmobile view.  So this was the
correct decision.

michael