[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. fb837364f9d130945aa5973579a9f8b8efcaf819

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Oct 8 19:51:35 UTC 2012

>>    Regardless, flags should never be set on the browser-side - we need
>>    confirmation from the IMAP server that it has been set on the server or
>>    else it is a usability nightmare (flag setting MUST be an atomic
>>    operation from the POV of the user).

[snip]

> But this is exactly how we do it in the dynamic view, I migrated the
> code from there. The flagging might be reverted if deleteMessages
> fails, but as soon as the request is sent, and for the time being,
> this is how we mark messages deleted in the dynamic view.

I honestly don't remember doing this.  And I'm not sure I agree with
my changes.  As mentioned before, there can be substantial UI
confusion if a message is marked as deleted only to later appear as
undeleted (e.g. a manual refresh).  The new code assumes that the
network connection is stable and always available; this is probably a
slightly better assumption than it would have been 6-7 years ago when
dimp was first coded, but it still is not a great and/or accurate
assumption.

Regardless, you can't copy dynamic view code handling to smartmobile
code handling directly, since the dynamic view uses the viewport to
correctly maintain the state of the mailbox cache while smartmobile
keeps it simple and uses a simple cache string lookup to compare
mailbox statuses.

michael