[dev] topbarUpdate AJAX request

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Oct 22 20:58:27 UTC 2012

I notice a topbarUpdate AJAX request that runs every so often.  What
is the reasoning behind this?  AFAICT, none of the menu items ever
change.

It seems that the only way these menu items would change would be if
someone edited the registry.  And we have never supported this in
authenticated sessions.

If it really is needed, it would seem to make more sense to somehow
flag the topbarUpdate system to force an update (e.g., most AJAX
ignore the data).

michael