[dev] New functionality: email filtering protected with password

Ignacio L.P. ignacio.lp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 22:02:59 UTC 2012

Hi all. I am new to horde. I am considering implementing a new feature, but
first of all I would like to know whether it is really "new" ... this is
why I turn first to this mailing list.

The functionality is to protect the filter function with a
username/password different from the username/password of the user account.
The idea behind this is to manage email accounts for children by providing
a "parental control" to the filtering function, so that it is possible for
parents to decide how to filter the messages the children could receive or
send.

Currently several companies provide a service like this, but usually it is
a paid service (an example is zillamail.net). I think it would be nice if
horde could support such functionality.

Thanks a lot in advance.