[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 793c96d68d8efdb94f3184b9a67ae3f03ddda755

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Nov 13 03:48:19 UTC 2012

> It seems to me like that AllTests.php is not needed (phpunit * will
> work) and Autoload.php can be worked around by defining a
> phpunit.xml file in every test directory that points to a bootstrap
> file in Horde_Test.

I've implemented this a bit differently.  The compromise is that we
need the following files in the base of every test directory:

AllTests.php
bootstrap.php
phpunit.xml

The upside is that NONE of these files should normally need to be
touched.  That is - if you are creating a new Horde package, you can
simply copy the template files out of
Test/doc/Horde/Test/template/packagetest/
into the test directory and never have to worry about autoloading again.

The only caveat is that tests need to be run from the base test
directory.  But this assumption was true before so it is nothing new.

i.e.:
php AllTests.php
-or-
phpunit UnitTest[.php]