[dev] passwd vs imp auth Re: [commits] Horde branch master updated. f1a9c26a2e5e8b5edf4216f6278426593e4dda69

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Tue Dec 4 07:29:18 UTC 2012

>>> http://git.horde.org/horde-git/-/commit/f1a9c26a2e5e8b5edf4216f6278426593e4dda69
>>>

>> I find this one rather ugly and I would like to have it reviewed by
>> somebody with deeper IMP knowledge.
>
> Please revert; this is unacceptable.  As Horde stands right now, there
> is no expectation that this value can change.  Analogy: configuration
> options can't change during a user's session, since the config option
> may be used at login time for initialization tasks.
>
> I believe this has been previously mentioned... but for this to work
> correctly/properly, there needs to be a defined Horde-wide API callback
> that indicates that the authentication credentials have changed.  See,
> e.g., Horde_Registry_Application#changeLanguage().

That's exactly why I'm discussing it. I've been searching for ways to
indicate to the app that it should reauthenticate with new credentials.
In a previous discussion, we already ruled out destroying the session.

One option would be to amend Registry->setAuthCredential in a way that
apps may or may not do additional stuff.

I think adding an Api call would go beyond "bug fixing" and needs to be
done in develop, right?

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Mail: lang at b1-systems.de

B1 Systems GmbH Osterfeldstraße 7 / 85088 Vohburg /
http://www.b1-systems.de