[dev] Trouble with package.xml for Hermes

Ben Klang bklang at horde.org
Tue Dec 11 16:08:31 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm trying to use the horde-components script to create a development snapshot of Hermes.  I ran the command "horde-components snapshot" but received an error message about the package.xml hitting a parse error.  After some searching on the Internet I found a suggestion to use xmllint with the DTD to validate the XML.  Unfortunately for me, the XML validates without error.  I then started looking within the code, but the parser is simply returning a PEAR_Error object with a message of "Parsing of package.xml from file "/Volumes/Morningside/src/horde/hermes/package.xml" failed", which is not very helpful.  I'm not sure where to go next to figure out the cause of the parse error.  Any ideas?

Transcript of my shell session, with PHP backtrace, here: https://gist.github.com/3e0d6e413bc1c3135c84

For reference, I am running from the develop branch on a checkout from this morning, around 1600UTC.

/BAK/