[dev] Trouble with package.xml for Hermes

Ben Klang bklang at horde.org
Tue Dec 11 19:41:43 UTC 2012

On Dec 11, 2012, at 11:08 AM, Ben Klang <bklang at horde.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to use the horde-components script to create a development snapshot of Hermes.  I ran the command "horde-components snapshot" but received an error message about the package.xml hitting a parse error.  After some searching on the Internet I found a suggestion to use xmllint with the DTD to validate the XML.  Unfortunately for me, the XML validates without error.  I then started looking within the code, but the parser is simply returning a PEAR_Error object with a message of "Parsing of package.xml from file "/Volumes/Morningside/src/horde/hermes/package.xml" failed", which is not very helpful.  I'm not sure where to go next to figure out the cause of the parse error.  Any ideas?
>
> Transcript of my shell session, with PHP backtrace, here: https://gist.github.com/3e0d6e413bc1c3135c84
>
> For reference, I am running from the develop branch on a checkout from this morning, around 1600UTC.

I made a little progress.

By inspecting the error stack internal to the PEAR package.xml parser I got it to emit some error messages.  There are about 200 errors, but they all boil down to basically this:

File "saveimage.php" in directory "<dir name="/">" has invalid role "horde", should be one of cfg, data, doc, php, script, test, www

I tried running the same "horde-components snapshot" command on the imp/package.xml and received the same error.  So either I'm using the wrong tool (horde-components) or I'm using it incorrectly somehow (insufficient dependencies)?  Either way, I'm still stuck. Any ideas?
/BAK/