[dev] Introduction

Remi Collet remi at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jan 12 10:40:50 UTC 2013

Le 12/01/2013 10:56, Mathieu Parent a écrit :
> Some questions:
> - How are your packages bootstraped?

We use the pear command with --packagingroot options
(and --register-only in the %post scriptlet)

This allow to have packages installed from package and pear channel.

Or I haven't understand correctly the question.

> - How do you manage patches?

What do you means ?

Per Fedora policy: "Upstream, upstream, upstream".
So, if something need to be fixed, this is always submitted to upstream
first (and documented in the spec).

> - How do you manage removed files (non-free files or already compiled ones)

non-free files are removed from the archive (to not be present in the
.src.rpm), but I don't find (yet) any non-free for now in horde.

I you have found some, please share your list.

When we remove some file (ex ckeditor, remplaced by system one), we also
patch the package.xml to keep pear registry consistent.

> - How do you manage mass-updates?

Individual updates.

Hopefully, horde project manage properly each component ;)
(which is not the case of another framework which release all components
on each minor release, thus making version and package split absolutely
useless)

> - Do you run unit tests?

Yes, when possible.
Except for package required by Horde_Test to avoid bootstrapping issue.
(but they are run locally, by the packager)

We currently encounter an issue with locale non found during phpunit run
(of course they are not yet in the pear datadir, but in the
packagingroot dir), I need to dig into this.

Remi.