[dev] Introduction

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Jan 15 13:47:26 UTC 2013

Zitat von Remi Collet <remi at fedoraproject.org>:

> Le 12/01/2013 11:40, Remi Collet a écrit :
>
>>> - Do you run unit tests?
>>
>> Yes, when possible.
>> Except for package required by Horde_Test to avoid bootstrapping issue.
>> (but they are run locally, by the packager)
>>
>> We currently encounter an issue with locale non found during phpunit run
>> (of course they are not yet in the pear datadir, but in the
>> packagingroot dir), I need to dig into this.
>
> I know this is a bit tricky, but it will allow us (distro packager) to
> run unit test during package build more easily.

This is too hackish and it shouldn't be necessary. Horde_Translation
already supports loading translations from either installed PEAR
packages or plain checkouts/unpacked archives. You should run the
tests in either state. Adding a third state really doesn't make much
sense.

> Open ticket : http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/11958
> Pull Request : https://github.com/horde/horde/pull/27
>
> Which method is simpler for the horde team ?
>
> - ticket with standard patch
> - ticket with git format-patch (applicable with git am)

This is fine for simple, small patches.

> - ticket with pull request

I like this personally better for larger patches because it allows to
comment on individual commits, patch lines, and the whole pull
request, and for the reporter to update his patch.

> - other
>
> Any standardized commit message (such as "Fixed bug #11958") ?

Since a pull request consists of different commits, and I usually
don't stash them into one when merging, this doesn't matter much.
If a patch is for an existing bug, the ticket number should be part of
the commit message like this:

"Fixing blah, blah (Bug #nnnnn)."

or:

"Fixing blah, blah.