[dev] Horde_History::removeByParent() block size

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Sat Mar 16 01:07:20 UTC 2013

Quoting Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch at intra2net.com>:

> I just noticed the Horde_History::removeByParent() function
> deletes from the history database in blocks of 100 entries each.
>
> The removeByNames() function, also used for deleting entries,
> sends all entries to the database in one go.
>
> @MMS: What's the reason for splitting up the request?

Are you asking me?  I have no idea.  I didn't write this code.

Looks like I consolidated code from other places (e.g. nag, kronolith):

commit 33eb7243328cac82e4f43fbc1060a9c089d7efb6
Author: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at curecanti.org>
Date:   Sat Jan 30 11:53:52 2010 -0700

     Add Horde_History::removeByParent()

But that was a housekeeping thing (moving code from apps ->
framework).  I have no insight on what this code actually does.

michael