[dev] Horde_History::removeByParent() block size

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat Mar 16 12:26:58 UTC 2013

> Quoting Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch at intra2net.com>:
>
>> I just noticed the Horde_History::removeByParent() function
>> deletes from the history database in blocks of 100 entries each.
>>
>> The removeByNames() function, also used for deleting entries,
>> sends all entries to the database in one go.
>>
>> @MMS: What's the reason for splitting up the request?
>
> Are you asking me?  I have no idea.  I didn't write this code.
>
> Looks like I consolidated code from other places (e.g. nag, kronolith):
>
> commit 33eb7243328cac82e4f43fbc1060a9c089d7efb6
> Author: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at curecanti.org>
> Date:   Sat Jan 30 11:53:52 2010 -0700
>
>     Add Horde_History::removeByParent()
>
> But that was a housekeeping thing (moving code from apps ->
> framework).  I have no insight on what this code actually does.
>
> michael
>
> ___________________________________
> Michael Slusarz [slusarz at horde.org]

I have been able to track this down as far as
http://git.horde.org/diff.php/kronolith/lib/api.php?rev=1.241&rt=horde&r1=1.152&r2=1.153

It refers to the removeByParent() method in History there, but there
didn't exist such a method at this time, so this is where my history
forensics end.

I don't see a reason to keep this, at least not in the base class.
--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project