[dev] Authentication session data cleaned by Kronolith

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Jun 25 13:42:53 UTC 2013

Quoting Rui Carneiro <rui.arc at gmail.com>:

> I don't know if my issue is the same from the original thread but here it
> goes.
>
> My sessions are also being clear but by IMP. Everything work just fine with
> "normal" accounts but when I login into a very large account (p.e. 70k
> messages on the inbox) the session is destroyed (I am assuming this since I
> am redirected to the logout page).
>
> My current driver for the SessionHandler is Memcache. If I use File
> everything works as expected.

You *really* shouldn't be using memcache as a sessionhandler backend.
If using on a system with many users, you are most likely going to run
out of the larger memory slices fairly quickly - which will cause
sessions to be dropped due to the FIFO allocation.

A mailbox with 70,000 messages requires a large data structure to
represent.  You may in fact be reaching the memcache max size limit of
1 MB.

michael