[dev] Horde_Imap_Client: listMailboxes() sort delimiter

Thomas Jarosch thomas.jarosch at intra2net.com
Wed Aug 7 07:58:06 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm currently playing around with the Horde_Imap_Client library to get
a list of mailboxes + kolab folder types. So far it's working.

One thing that puzzles me is the 'sort' function of listMailboxes():
If you don't set the 'sort_delimiter' explicitly, the delimiter
will default to '.' as documented.

For IMAP servers that use '/' as delimiter, this will go wrong.

If I look f.e. at the code of IMP_Imap_Tree::_getList(),
it uses the 'sort' option but does not set the 'sort_delimiter'.
Same in IMP_Prefs_Special_SpecialMboxes::_getSpecialUse().

Bug or feature?

Can't we auto-determine the delimiter internally if the 'sort' option
is enabled? What's the use case of specifying the delimiter manually?

Cheers,
Thomas