[dev] [commits] Horde branch imp_6_2 updated. 0fa15349873ed70b3ba3ea8cf7510d881ec5310f

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Oct 7 02:36:06 UTC 2013

>> commit ffce87fec5f8b48b21700508ad5b67b60474fb9e
>> Author: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
>> Date:   Wed Oct 2 10:26:28 2013 -0600
>>
>>    [mms] Add support for showing a contact image in the contacts
>> popup box in dynamic view.
>
> Nice!
>
> It's been on my list for a while to do something similar in
> Kronolith's attendees dropdown, thanks!

As with other new features, this may eventually be useful to abstract
out.  But for now I'm going to leave in IMP so that we can
adjust/tweak as necessary, even after 6.2 is released.

In fact, this is probably best abstracted into Turba.  We would need
to write a Gravatar backend for Turba, but that should not be too
difficult.

Notes:

1) You can't directly search your Facebook contacts via e-mail anymore
(as of this summer).
2) A Google+ interface might be useful, although there are app/api
limits for queries which complicates things.
3) Any other services we can mine for contact information?

michael