[dev] [commits] Horde branch imp_6_2 updated. 0fa15349873ed70b3ba3ea8cf7510d881ec5310f

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Oct 7 14:41:46 UTC 2013

> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:

>>> commit ffce87fec5f8b48b21700508ad5b67b60474fb9e
>>> Author: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
>>> Date:   Wed Oct 2 10:26:28 2013 -0600
>>>
>>>   [mms] Add support for showing a contact image in the contacts
>>> popup box in dynamic view.
>>
>> Nice!
>>
>> It's been on my list for a while to do something similar in
>> Kronolith's attendees dropdown, thanks!
>
> As with other new features, this may eventually be useful to
> abstract out.  But for now I'm going to leave in IMP so that we can
> adjust/tweak as necessary, even after 6.2 is released.

Sounds good.

> 1) You can't directly search your Facebook contacts via e-mail
> anymore (as of this summer).

When this was originally written, you couldn't do that anyway. That's
why the entire friends list is returned. Not to mention, the email
address was only returned if the user allowed it to be returned - and
even then it was a facebook proxied address. Not sure if/when this
changed - haven't looked at the API in a while. My original commit
even mentioned that this is probably only useful as a listTimeObjects
source for birthdays, or maybe eventually to list your contacts's most
recent status in the turba display etc...

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org