[dev] [commits] Horde branch imp_6_2 updated. 0fa15349873ed70b3ba3ea8cf7510d881ec5310f

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Oct 7 18:25:14 UTC 2013

>> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>>> Nice!
>>>
>>> It's been on my list for a while to do something similar in
>>> Kronolith's attendees dropdown, thanks!
>>
>> As with other new features, this may eventually be useful to
>> abstract out.  But for now I'm going to leave in IMP so that we can
>> adjust/tweak as necessary, even after 6.2 is released.
>
> Sounds good.
>
>> 1) You can't directly search your Facebook contacts via e-mail
>> anymore (as of this summer).
>
> When this was originally written, you couldn't do that anyway.

According to Facebook API docs. this was only changed in June.  (There
was no way to do a specific email field search previously, but doing a
basic search for a name in the format x at example.com was apparently
doing an email search transparently on the server-side).

> That's why the entire friends list is returned. Not to mention, the
> email address was only returned if the user allowed it to be
> returned - and even then it was a facebook proxied address. Not sure
> if/when this changed - haven't looked at the API in a while. My
> original commit even mentioned that this is probably only useful as
> a listTimeObjects source for birthdays, or maybe eventually to list
> your contacts's most recent status in the turba display etc...

That's one of the concerns I would have about a gravatar backend.  It
makes sense conceptually from the sense that Turba is the application
dedicated to contacts storage/retrieval.  But it makes little/no sense
to allow a user to "browse" the backend, or do other searches on it,
or allowing adding to it.  So it doesn't fit the current concept of a
Turba_Driver object either.

michael