[dev] S/Mime signature not validating (Was Fwd: Test)

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Jan 14 07:24:28 UTC 2014

> ..and here's one that was sent via Android, validation succeeds in
> Apple Mail and on iOS, but not in IMP.

Come on Android.  I expect better out of you.

As mentioned in a previous message, this has the same S/MIME structure issue:

+ multipart/signed
   - application/pkcs7-signature

The whole point of using multipart/signed is to send the actual MIME
data in cleartext, so that non s/mime capable agents can read it.
This message has no data - just S/MIME data.  Fail.  (If you are going
to send boh content and signature in a single part, you use
application/pkcs7-mime).

We can do a better job re: handling these broken messages, but it's
still a broken message.

michael