[dev] S/Mime signature not validating (Was Fwd: Test)

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Jan 14 14:19:07 UTC 2014

> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> ..and here's one that was sent via Android, validation succeeds in
>> Apple Mail and on iOS, but not in IMP.
>
> Come on Android.  I expect better out of you.
>
> As mentioned in a previous message, this has the same S/MIME structure issue:
>
> + multipart/signed
>   - application/pkcs7-signature
>
> The whole point of using multipart/signed is to send the actual MIME
> data in cleartext, so that non s/mime capable agents can read it.
> This message has no data - just S/MIME data.  Fail.  (If you are
> going to send boh content and signature in a single part, you use
> application/pkcs7-mime).

To save your faith in Android, this once again looks like a Mailman
(or maybe a broken spam/virus scanner?) issue. The original email has:

+ mulitpart/signed
   - text/html
   - application/pkcs7-signature

I'll send you an email directly from the same Android device in case
you want to look at it.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)