[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. 9feb624e174f5f571f3756d0ce89c8cd1124d4b0

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Feb 17 21:22:35 UTC 2014

>> Quoting "Michael J. Rubinsky" <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>>
>>> commit 8bc8f6433f808c5761bee3d609d230daf4281f23
>>> Author: Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
>>> Date:   Fri Feb 14 14:19:54 2014 -0500
>>>
>>>   Compress UID lists before serialization, if large enough.
>>>
>>> framework/ActiveSync/lib/Horde/ActiveSync/Folder/Imap.php |   97
>>> ++++++++++++-
>>> 1 files changed, 96 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)
>>>
>>> http://github.com/horde/horde/commit/8bc8f6433f808c5761bee3d609d230daf4281f23
>>> http://git.horde.org/horde-git/-/commit/8bc8f6433f808c5761bee3d609d230daf4281f23
>>
>> Any reason you aren't using Horde_Imap_Client_Ids?  Doesn't seem to
>> be any reason to have to duplicate the code.
>
> Because there is no guarantee that some (non-horde) client code is
> using Horde_Imap_Client to connect to the IMAP server.

It's already an optional requirement ... and I would assume that most
people WOULD use it since the Adapter is already written ... so if it
was me I would think the argument of reusing existing code vs. the
additional effort it takes to install that existing code are heavily
weighted towards the former.

Agreed it's ultimately your choice.  Although I would explicitly
indicate the LGPLv2.1 -> GPL license conversion you used for licensing
purposes to make clear this code in ActiveSync is no longer covered by
LGPL v2.1 (i.e. the Section 3 election provision of LGPL).

michael