[dev] Horde View

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Sat Jan 24 16:09:49 UTC 2015

> A word on documentation in general:
>
> it is either me or the higher level Horde documentation is quite
> nonexistent. I hazard to say that a lot more developers would work with
> horde if the concepts were documented a little better. That is: Howtos,
> where to start, using libraries, sample code, brief overviews. The deeper I
> delve into the framework, the more I have the impression of a well-designed
> product and a capable developing crew. It's just that the area between
> installing/administering Horde and understanding the last bit of the last
> lib is rather extensive and the landmarks are too few for me. I am sure
> that some PR on the doc side could bring you tons of Horde developers.

The wiki has some first steps on building modules, on the ajax
framework, etc.

The "library" has a list of talks and walkthroughs... I used that to
learn Horde's ORM layer "Rdo" some years ago. Don't know where it is on
the redesigned website.

I'm not an expert on Horde_View, I just load html snippets with them and
populate them with data, render them.

If you have specific questions on other libraries or subsystems, I'll
try to answer and put the answers on the wiki.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Mail: lang at b1-systems.de