[dev] Horde View

Sebastian Birnbach birnbacs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 08:39:57 UTC 2015

Thanks Ralf

> The wiki has some first steps on building modules, on the ajax
> framework, etc.

That's what I was hoping for but what I can find does not suffice.
For instance, an overview over RDO_Forms should be found in
http://wiki.horde.org/Project/Horde_Rdo_Form but there is just some
boilerplate information. http://wiki.horde.org/Project/Rdo gives me tons of
information but I am unable to find the few bits that will enable me to
create a CRUD form. A brief howto or some sample code woulc be most welcome
here.

> The "library" has a list of talks and walkthroughs... I used that to
> learn Horde's ORM layer "Rdo" some years ago. Don't know where it is on
> the redesigned website.

My problem seems to be that the overview is there and the nitty-gritty bits
are there but the mid-level stuff is scarce. A walk-through RDO would be
nice, though...

> I'm not an expert on Horde_View, I just load html snippets with them and
> populate them with data, render them.

That's my plan, too :)

> If you have specific questions on other libraries or subsystems, I'll
> try to answer and put the answers on the wiki.

Thanks a lot!
I guess what I am after is Horde_Rdo_Form. I imagine I can use it to
* use a HTML template
* some SQL database as backend
* mapping code for creating / displaying / updating / deleting the
information in the database.

I would be happy to have some sample code, a walkthrough or a howto. I
could not find code that is easy to steal from existing horde applications
(such as sisha), maybe that would be another option.

Kind regards

  Sebastian