[dev] [commits] Horde branch master updated. a61da56f8c575c7da9c2c018a350119e4301a472

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Apr 27 12:31:15 UTC 2015

Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>>> This didn't have anything to do with what section they show up in.
>>> If you create a system share, but do not explicitly set any
>>> permissions on it, it will not be viewable _at_all_, to anyone,
>>> ever. This commit fixes them not showing up in the system shares
>>> section for admins only.
>>
>> But since listSystemShares() doesn't do permission checking, they
>> should still show up in the system calendars section, no matter if
>> permissions have been set or not.
>
> That's correct, but you removed the use of listSystemShares for
> listing the shares in the sidebar in a previous commit stating that
> listInternalShares() already returns systemShares - which it does,
> but only if permissions have been explicitly set.
>
> See
> https://github.com/horde/horde/commit/22516d5b4b07fcc49d370e699b4a339cb21c4d7a

Yes, and that's exactly how it should work.

Rewind. The problem seems to be that you cannot set permissions of
system shares if you created them without any permissions, because
they don't show up for admins?
First let's leave listShares() or listInternalCalendars() alone
because those should (and I guess do?) return the correct shares for
regular users.
To allow admins to set permissions on system shares, they need to show
up in the system calendars section (don't they? they do for me). This
section should be populated by listSystemShares() which doesn't check
permissions (and should thus only be used for admins).

Which point am I missing or which of this point isn't working for you?

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project