[dev] migrating 'wicked' content from one installation to another

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Jun 24 21:06:58 UTC 2015

Quoting Sebastian Birnbach <birnbacs at gmail.com>:

> Mike,
>
> I'd sure contribute a script improvement to Horde, only the case is already
> closed. I used phpMyAdmin to export wicked_pages, wicked_history and
> wicked_schema_info on the one host and re-imported them on the other. The
> generated *.sql files are pretty nice, it was really easy to
> search-and-replace all the fields I wanted to in a text editor. The files
> are also well-structured and very well readable. Re-import via phpMyAdmin
> or mysql was easy, too.

Sure, that's fine, but your original post mentioned that the usernames
might not be the same across the installations - so your imported
tables will have incorrect users. Also, if this is all you did, you
most likely lost any attachments. They will still show on the wiki
page, but the actual data might not be present (depending on if you
properly migrated the VFS also...).

> The same procedure also worked well for turba. I skipped the turba_sharesng
> and turba_sharesng_groups tables because I have no shared address books and
> groups were not yet setup on the target system. Everything worked really
> smooth, some errors were thrown but they proved to be insignificant.
>
>   Sebastian

>> Quoting Sebastian Birnbach <birnbacs at gmail.com>:
>>
>>  Dear all,
>>>
>>> what is the recommended way of migrating wiki pages in the 'wicked'
>>> application from one host to another? Both sites run the same version of
>>> wicked so it might be done by exporting the SQL tables
>>>
>>> wicked_pages
>>> wicked_history