[dev] Fwd: Hi Jan, I have a question regarding the use of Horde_Stream_Temp when fetching headers

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue May 31 22:06:23 UTC 2016

Quoting Herr Klaus Leithoff Stylite AG <kl at stylite.de>:

> Dear Michael,
> I bump into that problem with a googlemail-account only.

This should now be fixed by:

https://github.com/horde/horde/commit/f2d8a88a0f6910e773d15de7ff82d41a58a43df7

> Others work fine.
>
> The way you suggested the retrieval of the preview was tested
> a couple of month ago, and we decided for the current approach
> as it seemed faster, within our code-set

> But I shall test it agoin.
>
> our code is available at
> https://github.com/EGroupware/egroupware/blob/master/api/src/Mail.php

I should also mention that your code is retrieving some of the same
data multiple times from the IMAP server, since
headers are at the start of the full message body, they are all
returned as part of the BODY[] response and then the specific headers
you requested are again returned in the BODY[HEADER.FIELDS] response.
It could very well be you have a reason for doing this (such as not
wanting to parse the headers out of the body response?), but it does
increase resource usage. Just my .02, take it or leave it :)