[dev] Horde Forms

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Oct 21 16:23:23 UTC 2016

Quoting Sebastian Birnbach <birnbacs at gmail.com>:

> I have a couple of problems with Horde Forms, maybe someone can shed some
> light on this:
>
> * is it possible to use the same field in different sections?
> Cross-updating does not work and saving the parameter is only possible when
> the right section is open.

You might be able to do this using an "Action", though it's been so
long since I've used Horde_Form in depth, not sure off hand.

> * about 1/4 of the form elements do not seem to work as specified. What is
> the development status?

Well, most of the code is from years and years ago, but it has been
updated as we moved to Horde 4, and Horde 5. The library no doubt
needs a major overhaul though.

> I'd go and file a bug for each misbehavior unless
> somebody tells me that this is normal.
>
> * example: Horde_Form_Type_date does not work at all.
> Horde_Form_Type_monthdayyear does not honor the time format settings:
> $myform->addVariable(_("duedate"), 'duedate', 'monthdayyear', true, false,
> '', array(null, null, true, '%Y-%m-%d', '%Y-%m-%d') );

I know we use the date and datetime etc... form types in some of our
apps, like Whups. So I know they work. If you have a test case you
believe should work, but doesn't, feel free to create a bug report.

> * another thing: I'd like to offer a choice of about five colors to pick
> from. The colorpicker is clearly overdone for this. Any chance to color the
> fields of a Horde_Form_Type_choices element?

Probably not without hacking the code/creating a new form type. If
this is for a custom application, you can create your own form types.
IIRC, you can look at Turba's tag type to see how to do this.