[dev] Javascript in Horde6

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Tue Nov 29 15:31:16 UTC 2016

Am 29.11.2016 um 13:53 schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:

> Quoting Diana Hille <hille at b1-systems.de>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am developing a new Horde-Application and I'd like to ask a question
>> about dynamic view. Is it possible to implement an application solely
>> based on jquery and smartmobile or is it necessary to use both prototype
>> and jquery?
>

> If you want to implement only the mobile view, then you can use
> jquery. Our traditional/dynamic views both rely on prototype.js.

OK, so there is no plan to change this when dropping the "traditional"
mode for upcoming releases.
Current documentation says "This is generally not accepted upstream."

Diana's app is a very simple human resource planner with a kronolith
backend and currently reuses smartmobile's js widget code. It loads
jquery even outside of smartmobile view and then uses a workaround when
doing jqueryisms for iterating objects etc

https://wiki.horde.org/Doc/Dev/HordeAjaxApplications

var $j = jQuery.noConflict();

Maybe we need to convert this to prototype-ish routines when drawing the
dynamic/desktop view or implement something which fits both situations.