[dev] Javascript in Horde6

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Nov 29 16:46:12 UTC 2016

Quoting Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>:

> Am 29.11.2016 um 13:53 schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:
>>
>> Quoting Diana Hille <hille at b1-systems.de>:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am developing a new Horde-Application and I'd like to ask a question
>>> about dynamic view. Is it possible to implement an application solely
>>> based on jquery and smartmobile or is it necessary to use both prototype
>>> and jquery?
>>

>> If you want to implement only the mobile view, then you can use
>> jquery. Our traditional/dynamic views both rely on prototype.js.
>>
> OK, so there is no plan to change this when dropping the "traditional"
> mode for upcoming releases.

Definitely not before Horde 6. For Horde 6 we can, of course, open up
discussion for this. However, it is very unlikely that we would *drop*
prototypejs from our code. Providing jQuery.noConflict may be a
solution, however. The few times I wanted some jquery UI widget, I
ended up just re-implementing it in prototype :)