[dev] astral configuration question

Sebastian Birnbach birnbacs at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 15:14:38 UTC 2016

How exactly does astral hook into turba? The docs say that with astra there
should be additional clickable items next to turba items of type phone or
cellphone but they don't show up for me.

Could somebody please shed some light on this so I can better debug it? Is
it done via a hook or a template, a config file or a registered Api?

What I did so far:
* downloaded and copy horde/astral/ files from
http://www.oak-wood.co.uk/downloads/astral/
* registered application by copying provided config/registry.d/astral.php
to /usr/local/www/apache24/data/config/registry.d/astral.php
* copied astral/config/*.php.dist files to *.php files
* logged into admin console, created configuration
* set user preferences

Another thing (for those who are interested):
I am trying to use Astral with my SIP provider PlaceTel. I understand that
Astral will initiate an unencrypted TCP connection to the asterisk manager
interface and send the call originate command via this connection.
However, the API PlaceTel offers (
https://www.placetel.de/hilfe/telefonanlage/api-dokumentation) requires a
HTTPS POST to a REST service. I am hoping that I can extend or modify
Astral for this variant. Any support will be appreciated.

Thanks!

  Sebastian